Customs Freight Simplified Procedures - CFSP
Using a mobile device? Why not use our new mobile-friendly website.
Click here to visit this same page in a different layout.
Most of the information shown below has been taken from the Public Notice: 760 Customs Freight Simplified Procedures (CFSP). ukimports.org
CFSP allows authorised traders to gain accelerated removal or release of most third country imports by making a simplified declaration containing the minimum of details at the frontier.ukimports.org
The use of CFSP will enable you to:
- gain accelerated release of your goods from Customs at the (air)port or at designated premises inland, subject to anti-smuggling checks
- use CFSP in combination with normal entry and warehouse procedures to suit the needs of your business
- achieve cash flow benefits. For example Local Clearance allows you to store goods in Temporary Storage (TS) for up to 20 days before release to a Customs procedure or use. This means that whilst the goods are in TS, you can choose the release date (and therefore the tax point date) at the most convenient time for your business
- carry out National Transit movements under the Local Clearance Procedure using a reduced level of guarantee
- submit frontier declarations (including National Transit) and all supplementary declarations by electronic means.
- build a partnership with us so that assurance visits are cost effective, selected on the basis of risk, and test the completeness of internal controls, and
- use third party service providers to submit electronic declarations. ukimports.org
Details of excluded CPCs can be found on the CFSP web page on the Customs website. ukimports.org
|Hydrocarbon Oils||Cannot be removed from an Customs Warehouse. ukimports.org|
|Goods controlled by Customs under certain simplified authorisation procedures.||Goods that are imported or removed from Customs Warehouse under TI, IPR, or PCC simplified authorisation procedures. (EU law prohibits the use of a simplified declaration procedure in conjunction with a simplified authorisation procedure, although goods entered to simplified OPR are eligible as this is applied for on export). CFSP may be used where a specific or general authorisation is held (or in some cases where an application has been made) for TI, IPR, OPR or PCC. ukimports.org|
|ATA carnet goods||As the carnet also acts as an entry, goods imported under ATA procedures are not eligible. ukimports.org|
|Goods removed from a Customs Warehouse that are:||Exported. ukimports.org|
|Personal Effects.||Non-commercial imports and personal effects subject to C3 declarations. ukimports.org|
- Accelerated removal/release
- Electronic reporting
- Audit. ukimports.org
- Authorisation -
You must be authorised by us to operate simplified procedures and hold a specific/general authority for any associated procedures such as Customs Warehousing, IPR, OPR etc. The general authorisation criteria and conditions for CFSP are listed at section 14.1 (of Notice 760).
Traders authorised to use simplified procedures will be issued with an authorisation letter and documents that specify:
- the procedures that may be used
- the Articles under which they are authorised, and
- the conditions that apply to the operation of the procedures. ukimports.org
- Accelerated removal/release -
Following completion of a Simplified Frontier Declaration (SFD) containing minimum details you may remove goods from the frontier under transit to your premises for clearance using the Local Clearance Procedure (LCP) or alternatively you may release the goods to free circulation/customs warehousing using Simplified Declaration Procedure (SDP). ukimports.org
- Electronic Reporting -
You must submit statistical and fiscal details of the goods to CHIEF electronically using a Supplementary Declaration (SD) within a defined time-scale. ukimports.org
- Audit -
We may audit your commercial systems and records after the goods have cleared to satisfy ourselves that you are operating the procedures satisfactorily.
We will still treat goods imported under CFSP in the same way as goods entering the UK under normal procedures as far as anti-smuggling, health and import prohibition and restriction controls are concerned. ukimports.org
The SFD is accepted and processed at both inventory linked and other customs locations using the existing DTI and other infrastructure.
The data required will vary depending on the commercial procedures (such as inventory linking) at the location and the simplified procedure used. ukimports.org
|... is used for:|
|06 10 040||SDP release to free circulation ukimports.org|
|06 10 061||SDP release to simplified economic relief ukimports.org|
|06 11 000||LCP release to national transit ukimports.org|
|06 11 001||LCP release to Community Transit (CT) (C21) ukimports.org|
|06 11 002||LCP release to UK national transit for Plant Health restricted material ukimports.org|
|06 12 071||SDP release to types A, C , D & E warehousing ukimports.org|
|06 14 078||SDP release into Free Zone ukimports.org|
For all of the above CPCs, you will get immediate clearance at the frontier via CHIEF (subject to anti-smuggling checks).
The only exception to the above is where goods, imported under CPC 06 11 002, are controlled by the Forestry Commission. See CFSP Information paper 42/07. ukimports.org
Please note: Exciseable goods have their own CPCs. ukimports.org